20171015 BOD Notes
- No agenda planned
- Current balance ~$3k with a monthly surplus of $400
- Current monthly rent $1140/mo
- Starting Dumpster Rental Cost is $70/mo plus delivery fee $100 + other admin fees. We have paid a $198 to get the ball rolling. Service is twice per month
- We are now in our final year of 3 year lease.
- Tanju sent a quick note to landlord expressing interest in renewing lease
- Landlord replied with couple of options: all leases are 3 year lease. Potential larger space available at Pickens Industrial Drive: Base Rent: ~$1,800/ Mo. plus Common Area Maintenance: $100/ Mo. plus utilies
- We need to explore our options, definitely interested in expanding. Tanju will reach out to schedule a tour of the other facility
- Previous decisionabout buying an additional 3d printer for the space, we are holding off at the moment
- Brett saying that he is donating a new Prusa I3 clone with upgraded bed
- Need to find out if has auto-leveling. Consensus that a community printer needs to have auto-leveling capability.
- 44 members through Sept. Every month has couple of turn-overs
- Members asking for makerspace clean up
- Couple of complaints about wasps. We are monitoring the situation and assess during cleanout
- MakerFaire: moved into City of Atlanta, Sunday only Oct 22
- Saturday is Maker Organizers Summit at Make Edu event, Tanju participating
- Sunday is Maker Faire: Tanju leading setting up a booth. Several members volunteering to help out. Taking flyers, desktop CNC, RetroPie Barcade, Mike Ross bringing his DeltaBot printer
- Makerspace Build Out for Oct 28
- Dumpster Rental finally happening. Scheduled for delivery Oct 16th. Twice a month pickup.
- Makerspace build-out meetup scheduled for Sat Oct 28. General cleanup is long overdue
- Ceiling Light in the back shop is still out. Need to figure out a way to get a ladder tall enough to reach or rent one. Ask members if anyone has a ladder to be able to replace bulbs safely