20170521 BOD Notes
From The Maker Station
May's Board of Director's meeting scheduled for Sunday May 21 was postponed to Monday May 22 and held via conference call/google-hangout
- Review Last Month's notes
- Maintenance Review
- Front door lock box code revised. RFID cards. Security Cameras
- 3D printers
- Light in back shop still out.
- General Space clean up
- Oil Rags and turpentine
- Treasurer Update
- Membership Update and Report
- Volunteer rules
- Received a request for Sister Makerspace Discount reciprocation/dual memberships
- Ikea grant request. We need to finish what Alan started for us
- Upcoming Events
- HAM Radio Fest coming up
- Other Events?
- Security Cameras installed. Chris suggesting building out a lockable cabinet for the security camera dvr and RFID camera. Making it an organizational space. Board approves Chris buying an Ikea cabinet and taking the lead on it.
- the DVR system is an 8 camera system, 7 are currently installed. One pending. TJ to follow up with Steve to finalize the location
- Light in back shop still out. Chuck Kenny had mentioned volunteering to do it, but hasn't done it yet. Joshua also volunteering to do it if we can get a ladder. Need to check with Shaheen maintenance to see if they have a cherry picker.
- Paper towel dispensers to address the recent oil rags issues. Chris has order two paper towel dispensers: one for bathroom and one for the back
- Currently have right about 40 members
- Sister makerspace discount is still pending. Jay will look at getting the discount added to gumroad payment processor
- Joshua has issued all of the current RFID cards
- Need to update the welcome letter from gumroad removing the lockbox notes and instructing member to join Slack and request an RFID card
- As of Apr 30, we're currently in good shape with a small(~$300) monthly surplus and a rainy day fund in the bank. We are good to spend some funds on the cameras and getting more organization fixtures in
- HAM Radio Fest - June 3rd. TJ will likely set up a small table. Previous participation two years ago was ok, but didn't seem to generate any new members out of if. TJ to follow up Alan.
- DragonCon - hoping to have same involvement as last year
- MakerFaire... no further updates heard yet. No word on powerwheels race status