20160410 BOD Notes
Revision as of 17:22, 15 May 2016 by Tanju (Created page with "4/10/16 Board Meeting Notes ==Attendees:== Jay, Josh, Tanju ==Notes== * Membership report review. Generally flat. We need more members. We need ideas for a membership dr...")
4/10/16 Board Meeting Notes
Jay, Josh, Tanju
- Membership report review. Generally flat. We need more members. We need ideas for a membership drive. Need to keep brainstorming.
- Kids Workshop set is in progress. Tiffany planning to run activities and classes targeting home schooling crowd
- Does anyone have an old computer/laptop to donate to the space to have as a couple of workstations for general use, run the Silhoutte Cutter, etc.
- Jay planning to follow up with Andretti’s for sponsorship of Power Racing project and or the space itself
- Jay also wanting to reach out to other companies to solicit donations. We should put together a sponsorship package.
- We need to find some guerrilla marketing opportunities out there with out having to plunk down cash and having to commit a lot of hours to running a booth.
- Being in the ATL Science parade seemed like a great fit. Need to look for parade opportunities.
- Girls Scout Mini-MakerFaire May-7
- Sandy Springs Latern Fest
- Sugar Hill Maker Fest May 14
- HAM Radio Fest
- Dogwood Fest?
- Dragon Con
- Maker Faire
- Front Door RFID latch is coming along. Mechnically close to complete. Need to revitalize the electronics, get the panel installed and start registering cards.
- We will need a single person to own managing the database and keeping with activitating and deactivating keys… most likely will be the Membership Director
- Laser Cutter – Commissioning is on-going, Josh bought the replacement power-supply and now needs to get reimbursed. Elizabeth got the laser fired, but it needs more work that she will be continuing within a week.
The cutter needs endstops micro-switches.